Directorate General for Cinema and Audiovisual (DGCA) – Ministry of Culture and Tunisi Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image (CNCI) have decided to create an Italian – Tunisian fund dedicated to the co-production of feature films, of at least 52 minutes and of any genre, designed for a first theatrical release.
The budget amounts to 280.000 euros of which 180.000 provided by the DGCA and 100.000, corresponding to 300.000 dinari, provided by the CNCI.
Every project will have access to a maximum of 30.000 euros each for what concerns majority Italian projects, and 50.000 dinari each for what concerns majority Tunisian projects.
The terms requested for accessing the fund are:
1) At least one Italian producer and one Tunisian producer must be part of the project
2) Producers direct contribution must be equal to at least 20% of the expenses
3) Contribution from each country must be between 20% and 80%
4) The companies involved must have their legal address or operating unit in the EU
5) Producers must qualify as independent producers
6) Must work following the Ateco 59.11 regulation
7) Must be in possession of creative developing rights on the script and subject as well as the right to alter the original work.
In particular, for what concerns Italian companies, tax residency in Italy is required as well as, in case the winning project was produced, minority stake must not be less than 30%.
For those for whom the contribution will be approved it will be supplied in two phases, within the first 12 months from approval of the list the recipient must request 50% of the contribution.
Later on, within 24 months from approval of the list, extendable to 36 months, the recipient can request the remaining amount.
Deadline: December 12, 11.59 pm.
For more information refer to cinema.cultura.gov.it