Market screenings take place both in attendance and online to allow those who are unable to travel to virtually participate in events. Market screenings will then be held on-site at a movie theatre (5 screening rooms) and online on the MIA digital platform.
To request a market screening, please fill in and submit the entry form by September 10, 2021.
Once your completed request form has been sent in, the MIA staff will be back in contact with you to confirm whether the screening request has been accepted.
Before submitting your market screening request, we advise you to carefully read
The 2021 MIA Screenings Regulation.
If you already attended the MIA, please access the MyMIA page with your credentials.
If it’s your first time at the MIA, please create your account.
Screenings in theatres and online
Market screenings are held from October 14 until October 16 at film theatres and on the digital platform and are open to all MIA 2021 accredited participants.
Each screening will be available on MIA digital platform 24h after the physical screening.
It will be available on demand until October 30.
Sales agents may choose to reserve slots for physical and digital screenings, physical only or digital-only.
Reserving a screening
Sales agents reserving a ‘physical’ market screening slot should be accredited to MIA 2021 (go to Accreditation)
Digital-only screenings are exclusively open to sales companies with a physical or virtual stand at MIA (for further info on virtual stands email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Before proceeding with the request, we remind you to keep at hand the following information:
- Film tech. specs (format, support, running time, sound etc.);
- Film stills & poster (JPEG, high res. Min. 300 DPI)
- Synopsis (max 300 characters spaces included).
- Cast & Credits;
- Submitter VAT number (if applicable)
- Identification Fiscal Code (for Italian companies only)
screenings in the film theatre
A 120 minutes slot from Thursday, October 14 until October 16: 700,00 euros.
Additional 20 minutes will be subject to an extra charge of 50.00 Euros.
Above 140 minutes, the MIA reserves and invoices two consecutive full screening slots.
Promos and trailers can be screened singularly or grouped in a unique session. Up to 30 minutes, a fixed rate of 25% of a 120 minutes screening will be invoiced. Above 30 minutes, a full screening slot will be invoiced.
We remind you that each screening will be available on the MIA digital platform 24h after the physical screening.
The following packages apply to digital screenings only (available to sales companies with physical or virtual booths):
– up to 2 screening slots: 100,00 euros each
-up to 4 screening slots: 87,50 euros each
-up to 6 screening slots: 75,00 euros each
All prices are before VAT. VAT will be added for Italian companies according to the applicable rate in use on the date of payment. Foreign companies will be invoiced without VAT (if not applicable) and it will be their responsibility to comply with their local tax laws.
We remind you that the following films are eligible:
- Long feature films as well as medium-length works (short films are not eligible for screenings under these terms and conditions).
- Feature films that have not been screened at the 2020 editions of either MIA, or Rome Film Fest, or Alice nella Città official selection;
- Feature films released after July 2021 (the release date includes participation in film festivals, film markets, or showcases);
- Films produced after June 2020;
- D-Cinema DCP
- Disco Blu-ray
- H264 (for digital screenings)
Technical specifications and shipment instructions will be forwarded by the Technical Department to all submitters upon confirmation of the screening.
Screening requests will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
The MIA reserves the right to give priority to films that are market premieres, and/or World/International premieres selected in the official sections of the Rome Film Fest.
The final acceptance and admission of films is at solely the discretion of The MIA organization. Decisions will be final.
- September 10, 2021: deadline to request market screenings.
- September 28, 2021: screening schedule is published on the digital platform.
- September 28, 2021: deadline to receive materials for market screenings.
- October 5, 2021: deadline for payment of market screenings’ fees.
For information, write to:
or contact MIA|Offices
Viale Regina Margherita, 286
Tel. +39 06 4425961