The Ministry of Culture has published the opening date for applications for the 2021 tax credit for audiovisual productions.
As specifide in the Ministy’s vademecum, starting at 10:00 a.m. on August 30th, 2021, it will be possible to submit the application for the Tax credit – session 2021. To be eligible for the fund you must:
- be an independent producer
- be legally established in Europe
- be subject to taxation in Italy
- have a minimum net worth
Eligible works must be:
- cinematographic works or films
- audiovisual works intended for national television broadcasting
- research and training works
- video clips
In addition, only completed projects, including multi-year projects, whose expenses have been paid from January 1st, 2020 until the date of submission of the application are eligible for the tax credit. Expenses include the purchase of goods and services from Italian companies (subject to taxation in Italy).
Please note that the maximum allowances for the tax credit are:
- in the case of cinematographic, television and web works, up to a maximum amount of €9 million per
- in the case of cinematographic, television or web works for which at least 30% of the total production cost is covered by resources from countries outside Italy, up to a maximum amount of €18 million per work.
For updates and further information, see the Ministry of Culture website.