The 78th Venice International Film Festival has come to an end. Here there are the prizes awarded by the jury chaired by Bong Joon Ho featuring Saverio Costanzo, Virginie Efira, Cynthia Erivo, Sarah Gadon, Alexander Nanau and Chloé Zhao.
- Golden Lion for Best Film: Happening by Audrey Diwan;
- Silver Lion – Grand Jury Prize: The Hand of God by Paolo Sorrentino;
- Silver Lion – Award for Best Director: Jane Campion for The Power of the Dog;
- Coppa Volpi for Best Actress: Penélope Cruz in Parallel Mothers by Pedro Almodovar;
- Coppa Volpi for Best Actor: John Arcilla in On the Job 2: The Missing 8 by Erik Matti;
- Award for Best Screenplay: Maggie Gyllenhaal for The Lost Daughter;
- Special Jury Prize: Il Buco by Michelangelo Frammartino;
- Marcello Mastroianni Award for Best Young Actor or Actress: Filippo Scotti in The Hand of God by Paolo Sorrentino.
- Orizzonti Award for Best Film: Pilgrims by Laurynas Bareiša;
- Orizzonti Award for Best Director: Éric Gravel for Full Time;
- Special Orizzonti Jury Prize: The Great Movement by Kiro Russo;
- Orizzonti Award for Best Actress: Laure Calamy in Full Time by Éric Gravel;
- Orizzonti Award for Best Actor: Piseth Chhun in White Building;
- Orizzonti Award for Best Screenplay: Peter Kerekes, Ivan Ostrochovský for 107 Mothers by Peter Kerekes;
- Orizzonti Award for Best Short Film: The Bones by Cristóbal León, Joaquín Cociña;
- Venice short film nomination for the European Film Awards 2021: Fall of the Ibis King by Josh O’Caoimh, Mikai Geronimo;
- Armani Beauty Audience Award: The Blind Man Who Wouldn’t See Titanic by Teemu Nikki.
VENICE AWARD FOR A DEBUT FILM
- Lion of the Future “Luigi De Laurentiis” Venice Award for a Debut Film: Immaculate by Monica Stan, George Chiper-Lillemark.
VENICE VR EXPANDED:
- Grand Jury Prize for Best VR Work: Goliath: Playing with Reality by Barry Gene Murphy, May Abdalla;
- Best VR Experience for Interactive Content: Le bal de Paris de Blanca Li by Blanca Li;
- Best VR Story: End of Night by David Adler.