MIA is widely recognized as an effective market platform where the international industry finds real partnering and financing opportunities for projects in development.
MIA Pitching Forum & Co-production Market is open to films, scripted and unscripted programmes intended for theatrical distribution, television broadcasting and digital streaming. The market aims to facilitate, encourage and accelerate new business opportunities for the development and creation of new content on an international level.
The Pitching Forum & Co-production Market will select about 50 projects from all over the world, presented in Film, Drama, Doc&Factual divisions.
Every division hosts a very specific international content market, featuring tailored activities designed to find financial and producing partners, through international co-production deals.
MIA Pitching Forum & Coproduction market is divided in the following divisions and slates:
Eligible projects for the MIA|Film Coproduction Market are:
- Projects by International and Italian directors for long feature films (fiction), intended for theatrical release and/or digital streaming. Projects must have a main producer already attached, an available full script in English and a potential international market.
- Projects by Italian directors at an earlier stage of development for long feature films (fiction), intended for theatrical release and/or digital streaming. Projects must have a main producer already attached, a subject/treatment available in English and potential international market.
Eligible projects for the Drama Pitching Forum must be international original projects of outstanding artistic value with potential TX on linear broadcasters or digital platforms, and must be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Drama Series: A dramatic production in which theme, storyline, and main characters are presented under the same title, with the intention to develop beyond a first season.
- Short-Form Series: An original Fiction episodic program, with episodes under a half-hour TV time slot.
- TV Movie/Mini-Series: A production that has a distinct beginning, middle, and end with a finite number of episodes, generally between one (1) and twelve (12). The storyline is resolved at the end of broadcast.
Submissions for the Documentary Pitching Forum are open to any international project of outstanding artistic value with high distribution potential. Italian co-production is preferred, but not required. The project can be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Doc One off, a documentary with a maximum length of 52’ intended for broadcasters and digital platforms release.
- Docuseries, a documentary series with a minimum of 4 episodes with a maximum length of 52’ min per episode
- Feature doc, a documentary intended for theatrical release of a minimum length of 70’
The Pitching Forum & Co-production Market 2020 is articulated in:
1) dedicated pitching sessions designed to find the right financial partners through co-production deals or pre-sale agreements.
2) One-on-one meetings (pre-scheduled and scheduled on the spot) ensuing the forum’ sessions.