Leone Film Group acquired the distribution rights of 6 new moviesduring Festival Du Cannes and the Toronto International Film Festival. The purchasing company includes four action films, one biographical and one teen drama:
- Five Eyes, starring Jason Statham produced by Miramax;
- Kandahar born from a co-production Thunder Road Pictures,G-BASE and Capstone Group and starring Gerard Butler;
- Cop Shop, also starring Gerard Butler and produced by G-BASE Sculptor Media, WarParty Films and Zero Gravity Management;
- Blacksmith, starring Nick Jonas and Lawrence Fishburn born from a collaboration between AGC Studios, Jon Shestack Productions and Kickstart Productions;
- Spencer, biographical film about Princess Diana’s life produced by Fabula, Komplizen Film, Shoebox Films and Topic Studios;
- Words On Bathroom Walls, produced by Kick The Habit Prouctions and LD Entertainment.
Francesco Polimanti, Chief Operating Officer of Leone Film Group, underlined how the variety of genre of the titles acquired demonstrates the transversality of the company and the intent to keep the cinema the center of the process of distribution.