You need an accreditation to participate to MIA
The MIA accreditation is reserved exclusively to Film and Audio-visual Industry professionals. Before registering for accreditation, please read the Participation Guidelines.
Deadlines to request accreditations for MIA
Opening period for accreditation requests: from June 4th 2018 to October 21st 2018.
- From June 4th to July 14th it will be possible to make a request for the Early Bird accreditation.
- From July 15th to September 21st it will be possible to make a request for the Regular rate accreditation.
- From September 22nd to October 21st it will only be possible to make a request for the Late rate accreditation.
Those who will register within September 20th 2018 will have their professional data published on the Industry Guide materials. After September 20th 2018: it will still be possible to apply for the accreditation, but there is no guarantee for the professional data to be published in the Industry Guide. However, data will still be available within other digital materials of the online restricted area.
During the market: it is possible to request a daily badge, subject to availability. Requests must be made within 24 hours of the issuance.
A discount shall be applied whether a company requests the purchase of accreditations for groups of its employees: with the purchase of 5 accreditations, one is free (4+1). The requests shall benefit from this discount only if submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, including names of people to accredit in the group package.
The MIA Badge offers:
- Exclusive access to the entire market venue and lounges reserved for meetings between registered professionals;
- Access to market screenings;
- Access to What’s Next Italy, C EU Soon, GreenlIt programs;
- Access to MIA special programs and workshops;
- Access to Panels, showcases, conferences and scheduled meetings (until exhaustion of available seats);
- Access to MIA Cinema, TV and Doc Pitching Forums and meetings
- Access to Speed Meetings (upon registration);
- Access to all information about Participants, Films, TV Series, Documentaries, Screening Schedule, the Panels Program and Events Agenda (by accessing to the restricted area of the website);
- Access to the listing of professional details in the Industry Guide;
- Access to the list of projects selected at MIA|Cinema, MIA|TV and MIA|DOC Co-Production Market & Pitching Forum and priority in the organization of meetings with the representatives of the relevant projects;
- Listing of company details in the Industry Guide (if the accreditation request is registered within September 20th) and anyway in the online lists (in the restricted area of the website);
- For the co-production market invited participants: meeting plan individually tailored to participants’ needs and according to the event format;
- Free Wi-Fi and internet access in the official venue of the Market;
- Assistance of MIA staff prior and during the event.
If you attended any previous edition of MIA (2015 or 2016 or 2017), login to your personal page using your credentials (MyMia) to update your data in the available form and request an accreditation.
Credentials (login and password) are the same you have received in the past editions from the accreditation office. In case of problems in recovering your credentials, please contact the accreditation office, email@example.com
If it’s your first time at MIA, please fill in the online application form (Mymia) and provide full and updated documentation as requested in the form.
Before proceeding with the request, we remind you to keep at hand the following information and documents, as they are necessary for completing the accreditation, especially in case it is your first time at MIA:
- Personal details (name, address, direct line and mobile, email);
- A passport-sized photo in jpeg format;
- Recent Titles, acquired, distributed, sold and/or produced (Please enter titles only. International titles are preferable, if already existing);
- A short company profile (200 characters max).
For Free Lancers:
it is mandatory to send the following materials to this mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short CV
- A Letter of Reference on Letterhead
- A valid Identity Card
- A letter of the law firm, confirming that the applicant is working in the audiovisual sector.
For the Press:
- PRESS accreditations are free and managed by the MIA press office. To request a press accreditation, please contact email@example.com.
Each applicant may request only one accreditation, personal and non-transferable, for a single category of activity.
Accreditations will be issued on a limited number basis, therefore the sole application neither constitutes nor guarantees an accreditation.
Accreditation requests will be proceeded on a first-come-first-served basis. MIA will confirm its acceptance of the accreditation request by e-mail.
Being issued an accreditation implies for the participant full acceptance and compliance of MIA Regulations 2018. Any violation could bring to the Badge withdrawal.
Please note that admission to screenings is not permitted to people under 18 years old.
We also kindly remind you that accreditations are issued at the sole discretion of MIA’s Director.
Costs and types of accreditation
Accreditation to MIA has different costs depending on the date the participant finalizes his/her accreditation process and on the activity for which the access is requested. The fee is reduced for participants registering in advance to the market dates and increased for the registration close to the event (after availability verification). During MIA, daily accreditations may be requested; the request must be presented 24 hours in advance. The issuance of the daily Badges is subject to the same conditions covered by this general Regulation and after availability verification.
“Talks” accreditations for the sole access to that specific panel activities. A discount shall be applied whether a company requests the purchase of accreditation for a group of its employees: with the purchase of 5 accreditations, one is free (4+1). The request shall benefit from this discount only if submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, including names of people to register.
Payment for the Early Bird accreditation shall be made by credit card or PayPal within July 14th, 2018, by bank transfer within July, 8th, 2018; the payment for the Regular accreditation shall be made in advance by credit card or PayPal within September, 21th, 2018 or by bank transfer within September, 15th, 2018; the Late accreditation may be paid in advance by credit card or bank transfer within October, 10th, 2018 or on-site when issuing the accreditation (by credit/debit card or in cash). The Daily accreditation may be purchased only on site by credit/debit card or in cash. For payments by bank transfer, the credit value date for the MIA bank account shall be considered as the effective date. Deadlines refer to the Central European Time (CET).
Please note that badge holders will be granted access to the restricted area of the website (participants and film directories, market screenings schedule, etc.) only after the MIA accreditation will be approved and paid. Only upon confirmation of the accreditation’s purchase, the participant will receive his/her personal credentials to access the website restricted area and the relevant materials.
The accreditation is valid for the duration of MIA; it should be worn and shown, upon request, to personnel in all areas of the MIA. If someone is found wearing a badge other than his/her own, such badge will be confiscated and not returned.
Picking up your accreditation
Accreditation may be picked up upon presentation of a valid ID at the Accreditation Desk at MIA Office (C/O ANICA – V.le Regina Margherita, 286, 00198 Rome) from 15 to 16 October 2018 from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm and at the Accreditation Desk of the venue from October 17 until the end of the market (dates and opening hours will be indicated in the accreditation confirmation letter). A third party may also be allowed to pick up an accreditation upon presentation of a written authorization, a photocopy of his or her ID, and a photocopy of the ID of the person applying for accreditation.
Accreditation Office: email@example.com
The abovementioned information may be subject to change.